[asterisk-dev] [FEATURE REQUEST]:Native Postgresql realtime-support

Christian B bencokakao at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 02:39:19 MST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:00:55 +0100
Olle E Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> 13 mar 2006 kl. 20.21 skrev Christian B:
>
> > On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:26:29 +0100
> > Olle E Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> >> Visiting the bug tracker before you send mail about a bug or a
> >> missing
> >> feature is always a good idea!
> >>
> >> There is a native postgresql realtime driver in the bug tracker.
> >> Please
> >> test it! We need some test reports.
> >>
> >> http://bugs.digium.com
> >>
> >> /Olle
> >

> > Hello!
> >
> > Sorry for this, i've tried to find in bugs.digium.com first(using
> > pgsql, postgres, postgresql) but the search doesn't yield any results
> > (or maybe i've not catched how to use the filter-function). However,
> > i've found it in svn now - i assume it's this:
> > http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk?rev=12470&view=rev ?
> > Do you consider it as stable (enough)? i can only try it on a
> > production server atm(though the functionality would not be required
> > for production right now, so as long as it doesn't break anything else
> > i'm happy to test it)...
>
> Quoting myself above: "We need some test reports"...
> I have no idea on the stability of this code, so please devote some time
> testing it and adding your test report to the bug report.
>
> Thanks!
>
> /Olle

Hello oej!

I can't find the bug report for postgres realtime driver. i've applied
it to my src today, but there were some issues installing it and then i
was not able to run it. i've tried to find the bug by reporter(oej) and
with the keywords realtime, postgres, pgsql,... - without results(ATF
is not the same, right?). maybe you should include the link in svn
(unless i'm the only one having the search problem).

Basically it's not much i can give you, the include-paths were wrong
for gentoo(postgresql/libpq-4/libpq-fe.h and mysql/errmsg.h) and when i
tried to start asterisk i received:

"asterisk: symbol lookup
error: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_config_pgsql.so: undefined symbol:
PQconnectdb"

maybe this is a basic configuration problem on my side, if
this helps you to help me i'm glad to try it again...

regards
christian