[asterisk-dev] Making an impromptu teleconference.

Nam Nguyen Nam.Nguyen at totalcarepharmacy.com
Fri Mar 10 16:01:45 MST 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to Asterisk and its Dialplan script and would appreciate if you
could help in
letting me know in principle how this could be done.

Basically, the situation is:

1) One of our customer service representatives (CSR)  has been talking
    to a customer (either the CSR has been called, or has placed the
call).

2) All the sudden, the CSR needs to include, say, his manager into a
3-way conversation.
    He'd  look up his manger's extension in a combo-box in the (I2EE)
application and then click
    the button "Teleconference" in his browser page.

The setup would be something like:

(CSR and Manager's sides: Softtphone + browsers)  <===>  (J2EE business
application) <===> (asterisk-java AGIServer.java) <===> (Astersik
server)

The question are: what would be the Dialplan command I could issue from
the AGIServer.java, to the Astersik server,
once I know the manager's extension number?

Thanks in advance for any info. on this.

---Nam Nguyen