[asterisk-dev] bugs a plenty - discuss....

mogorman mogorman at digium.com
Wed Mar 8 12:19:01 MST 2006

Hi everyone

there are plenty enough bugs for everyone these days, although more than
a few I think require some discussion before they go much further, so I
thought id start on the dev mailing list.

CDR not ended before 'h' extension
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6193
    Russell has provided a patch that will end the cdr at the end of the
call before the h extension, instead of billing the customer while
scripts execute and finish, this also allows you to take information
about the end of the call in the h extension as the call is considered
over.  However this changes the current behavior, esp for billing
purposes.  Kevin had suggested to me that it should probably be a
configurable option.  thoughts?

Allow for context includes in realtime (ARA)
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6014
    This patch allows you to do includes in the asterisk realtime
implimintation.  Do we want this?  it can cause problems and make things
slightly more confusing, but it can also cause less rewriting of code as
well.

sub-architechture-specific directory for modules
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5524
    This patch allows for the asterisk loader to traverse sub
directories for loading modules and in the example allows for optimized
modules for different archs.

remove dependenices on res_adsi.so in app_voicemail.so and others
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5930
    adds stub functions for res_adsi much like res_crypto has and
res_musiconhold.  Should this just be held till rizzos new loader is
implemented?

Prelude to Comfort Noise Generation on Asterisk
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5409
    produces comfort noise.  Seems to work, I updated patch a while ago,
should it go in for when we are ready to deal with vad etc

Say syntax in Russian
Japanese SayNumber functionality
New App Saynumber, for generic way of easy internationalization
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6207
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5933
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4983
    Any non-english speakers here?  It seems these patches have stalled.

Forced bypass switch in pbx.c - makes Realtime (or other switch) master
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6019
    The pluggable pbx. Why use pbx_config, if everything is heading to
the realtime switch, not the cleanest implementation, but what are
yall's thoughts on allowing asterisk to do things like this.

improper handling of contexts with same name
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6002
    Currently there is an issue with the regcontext, regexten
implementation that allows for multiple extensions with the same
context, exten , and run level.  This is a big problem.  Currently a
hack was used to make this far less noticable but this is still a problem.

thanks

Mog