[asterisk-dev] IAX internet draft (draft-guy-iax-00)

Derek Smithies derek at indranet.co.nz
Sun Mar 5 16:36:49 MST 2006

Hi,

 sorry, I forgot to mention two things.

Prior to the timestamp in the mini frame wrapping round to 0, a full voice
frame is sent.

Silence suppression is not mentioned in the spec. Presumably, if there is
silence, no packets will be trasmitted. However, if the silence period
crosses a 65.535 second interval, when does the the full frame get sent -
at the end of the silence, or at the wrap around point..

If the silence interval lasts 150 seconds, are fullvoice frames sent
at each 65.535, or at the end of the silence interval?

=======
 Every 10 seconds, there is a cmdlagrq frame sent, and also a ping frame.
This will keep the link alive, even in the presence of silence.

Derek.
On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Dimitri E. Prado wrote:

> Hello Derek,
>
> thanks for the explanation, this was one of the things that the spec was not
> very clear about (seqno on acks) . Ed Guy  is currently revising the next
> version of the iax spec, I sent him an email yesterday with a few other
> questions I had on this subject. Since it might interest others on this list I
> will copy the msg below, although it was sent also to the
> iaxclient-devel list.
>
> regards
>
> Dimitri

Derek Smithies Ph.D.                 Any fool can write code that
IndraNet Technologies Ltd.                a computer can understand.
Email: derek at indranet.co.nz         Good programmers write code
ph +64 3 365 6485                          that humans can understand.
Web: http://www.indranet-technologies.com/            Martin Fowler