[asterisk-dev] more dynamic zaptel

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Mar 3 08:47:40 MST 2006

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 09:30:08AM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Friday 03 March 2006 09:03, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > >
> > > chan_zap does not really deal with Zaptel spans at all, just
> > > channels (and groups of channels).
> > >
> > > Changing chan_zap to handle channel addition/removal will be
> > > non-trivial, though; even handling non-contiguous channel
> > > numbering is less than optimal right now (everything is done
> > > using arrays).
> >
> > Your post has put me off for a while. Then I took a look at the
> > code and noticed that it actually uses linked lists mostly.
> >
> > So I decided to just feel lucky and add two CLI commands: 'zap
> > reload' to call setup_zap(1) and 'zap restart' to call setup_zap(0)
>
> How is your first command different than simply calling 'reload
> chan_zap.so' ?

"zap reload" should have been the same, I guess. Only it segfaults.

chan_zap has explicitly a different behaviour on startup and on reload.
setup_zap gets a parameter called "reload" which is set to 0 when called
at startup and to 1 when called on rload.

*CLI> reload chan_zap.so
    -- Reloading module 'chan_zap.so' (Zapata Telephony w/PRI)
Mar  3 10:36:35 WARNING[11623]: chan_zap.c:10916 setup_zap: Ignoring signalling
    -- Reconfigured channel 1, FXS Kewlstart signalling
*CLI> zap restart
    -- Registered channel 1, FXS Kewlstart signalling
    -- Automatically generated pseudo channel

However this still does not destroy existing channels:

I have edited zapata.confand remmed-out the channel. And then:

*CLI> zap restart
    -- Automatically generated pseudo channel
*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            default
      1            default

An explicit "zap desroy channel 1" did the job there.

All of this is only testing very simple functionality, of course.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com