[asterisk-dev] Conflict between Asterisk and net snmp

Denis Smirnov ds at seiros.ru
Wed Mar 1 02:05:21 MST 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 04:02:44PM -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>> It would be better, if module has public only one structure named like
>> ast_module_info, with pointers to other functions.
KPF> Yes, this is something that rizzo has been working on in his loader
KPF> changes. It seems we may need to accelerate those changes to get
KPF> problems like this to be avoided.

Now we have also one else big problem, that need to be fixed before freeze
-- codec negotiation like in bug 4825.

When I trying to update this to trunk, I see that all my problems related
to changes in all channel drivers and some res_*.

I think, that codec negotiation algorithms would changed in feature many
times. And it would be VeryBigProblem (tm) to integrate this changes.

If we incapsulate all works with codecs to translate.c, and no one channel
driver would have direct access to, e.g., chan->nativeformats,
chan->readformat, chan->writeformat, than we can change codec negotiation
logic very easy.

JID: ds at im.seiros.ru
ICQ: 58417635 (please, use jabber, if you can)

http://freesource.info/