[asterisk-dev] Re: [svn-commits] trunk r1172 - /trunk/

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 26 13:50:42 MST 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:27:00PM +0400, Denis Smirnov wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 12:46:33PM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>
>  KPF> I debated about that for quite a while before I made the
> change... the other issue is that users of Zaptel exist on non-Linux
> platforms, so putting it in /usr/include/linux makes us different
> than on FreeBSD (for example). If somebody can point to a document
> that clearly states where headers like this are supposed to live on
> Linux systems I'll put it back if needed, but I would prefer to leave
> it in /usr/include if possible.

SOmeone on #asterisk0dev suggested /usr/include/sys . A quick grep there
showed /usr/include/mtio.h which is full of ioctl-s , but nothing else.

> /usr/include/linux must be used only for kernel-dependend headers.

> zaptel.h must live in /usr/include or /usr/include/zaptel

zaptel.h documents the kernel interface of the zaptel driver (ioctls and
such).

As for torisa.h: I figure it is hardly used. Why not simply add the
whole of it (one struct and one ioctl) to zaptel.h ?

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com