[asterisk-dev] Asterisk build process changes

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Jun 24 12:44:13 MST 2006

I have just committed a significant set of build process changes to the SVN trunk version of Asterisk. When you next update via SVN, I would highly recommend doing a 'make distclean' before attempting to do a build. In addition, SVN trunk Asterisk will no longer build against Zaptel versions older than a few days ago, since codec_zap.c has been merged and requires new functionality in Zaptel.

These changes have only been lightly tested, but worked fine on my system... your mileage may vary :-) As always, report the problems you find so we can get them fixed up.

Also, if anyone can provide assistance in determining exactly what sort of autoconf tests would be required to get rid of the few remaining platform-specific and/or version-specific logic that is in the Makefiles, we would much appreciate it. The goal is to have the Makefiles be as platform-neutral as possible, except for compiler/linker flags that apply to the entire build.
--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer