[asterisk-dev] Re: agi segfaults 1.2.9.1

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jun 14 06:54:23 MST 2006

----- Julian Lyndon-Smith <asterisk at dotr.com> wrote:

> Slow down - it was meant to be read with a smiley. It *is* impossible
> manually go through all possible combinations of parameters to make
> sure
> that they all work.

No offense taken or intended :-)

In this case, though, there is a difference between 'work' and 'segfault'... You are correct that supplying input like you did should not be causing anything worse than an error message to be generated. To use the example of the original post, though, if you had called AddQueueMember with no input at all, and it segfaulted, while we would probably want to fix that, it's also clearly something that should be expected to have 'undefined behavior' :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer