[asterisk-dev] trunk 33972 and t38

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Jun 13 17:45:32 MST 2006

Hi Matthew,

As you can see from the failure of trunk to even compile (it fails for
me too) trunk is in a state of flux, as they try to merge stuff for the
first 1.4betas. I could take you money, but until things settle a bit I
couldn't provide any value for money.

My T.38 passthrough stuff is now working pretty well. We've sent and
received quite a lot of faxes using versions of rxfax and txfax upgraded
to support T.38 as well as audio streams. chan_sip needs to behave in a
more active way to make it start up properly in all circumstances -
currently it just passively wait for another party to kick T.38 into
life. However, with setups where the other party will kick it, the
latest snapshots of spandsp seem to be working pretty well.

T.38 gateway mode is also working fairly well now. However, the
appropriate way to integrate that is not so clear. I am testing with a
rather fudged in approach right now.

Steve