[asterisk-dev] In search of Asterisk Stability: $1, 000.- USD Bounty for fix API Manager

Fernando Romo pop at cofradia.org
Fri Jun 9 12:38:24 MST 2006

Dear developers:

We use and make applications using the Asterisk's API Manager, with the
change to 1.2 branch we note a lot the new features, but a lot of new
problems with the API. we notice in the bug tracker reports about of
problems with "closed" status, but the bugs still happen and we don't
know why the reports are closed when the problem still alive.

We detected the following critical bugs (reported
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7283) to the API Manager and other
related to queue handle:

  1) API Manager can't handle fast requests, we need a little delay
     between packets to make work properly.
  2) API Manager is missing and mixup Events
  3) The connections properties don't work properly.
  4) The queues with more of 50 agents logged, don't transfer calls with
agents
     available (patch in trunk but not tested).

My company offer $1,000 USD Bounty to motivate the developer effort. If
another company want to join the Bounty to increase the amount could be
good. The  goal is promote the developer effort in search of the stability.

We are checking the code, but we think more hands and brains are needed.

The rules are simple. Contribute with a patch to fix the problems in bug
7283 and we test deeply in high traffic environment. We wire transfer
the founds to the person or team than make the job. and our goal is make
this kind of bounty's to motivate  the developer community (and resolve
our problems too).

I Think Mark Spencer could have the quality vote on this issue. but
ideas of how evaluate and make this kind of program are welcome.

Asterisk is a very good project, but we think is time of less features
and more stability.

Thanks in advanced..... Fernando "El Pop" Romo
                        CTO - Neocenter
                        pop at cofradia.org