[asterisk-dev] Dialplan - critical sections / semaphores / run-all-of

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jun 8 12:20:19 MST 2006

----- Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> Why not a separate "Mutex" application? Or a separate "Completion"
> or whatever? What's so special about macros?

Doing it as a macro makes it much more obvious which block of code is protected by this operation; I think it would be simpler for end users to understand. I'm not keen on actually letting someone build their own logic that can go all over different places in the dialplan and have to 'remember' when to unlock the mutex.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer