[asterisk-dev] zaptel branch kernelmove: feedback please

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 5 10:36:53 MST 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 08:58:56PM +0400, Denis Smirnov wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 09:30:10AM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> TC> There should be no need to run 'make' from the kernel/ subdirectory
> TC> itself, and this is unsupported. Use the modules target instead. If you
> TC> see any point in running 'make' from that directory, please write them
> TC> here.
>
> I need it to packing modules for ALT Linux.
> ALT Linux kernel policy demand to have kernel-source-zaptel package, that
> would be used for building this modules for all kernel flavours.

Such a package already exists with zaptel (as I needed the same
separation for Debian). But it is a mess.

For instance, the "modules" target of today also builds all the "programs".
And there is no real use of the fact that the kernel 2.6's Kbuild file
is a rather simple config file.

(Though it would be nice if anybody can take a look and fix the way I
pass -lm in kernel/Makefile )

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406