[asterisk-dev] zaptel branch kernelmove: feedback please

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jun 4 23:30:10 MST 2006

Hi

Before I can make any other changes to zaptel (I have a couple of them
waiting) I need to get on with the restructure of the tree.

The current makefile of zaptel is a complete mess of userspace, kernel
2.4 legacy and kernel 2.6. In zaptel/team/group/kernelmove I seperated
out the kernel stuff to a subdirectory.

To build modules, use:

  make modules

To build just userspace, use:

  make programs

There should be no need to run 'make' from the kernel/ subdirectory
itself, and this is unsupported. Use the modules target instead. If you
see any point in running 'make' from that directory, please write them
here.

I have also "remmed out" the original install target (actually renamed
it to "install-messy") and replaced it with a much simpler one. Along
the road I:
* Renamed sethdlc-new to sethdlc asnd sethdlc to setdllc-old . Anybody
  who still uses kernel <= 2.4.22: you have an old kerenl.

* Used standard building procedures to build libtonezones and got rid of
  a lot of mackfile scriptary. Please report what this break. But also
  see if the thing that broke was an ugly hack in the first place.

Jsut to give you an idea of the change:

In the trunk (before any build):
$ ls |wc -l
110

whereas in kernelmove:
$ ls
bittest.h    hdlcstress.c   patlooptest.c         timertest.c    xpp_utils
build_tools/ hdlctest.c     pattest.c             tonezone.c     zonedata.c
checkstack   hdlcverify.c   pciradio_vhdl.tar.gz  tonezone.h     ztcfg.c
complex.cc   kernel/        raddiag.tar.gz        tor2.ee        ztcfg-dude.c
complex.h    LICENSE        README                tor2ee.c       ztcfg.h
doc/         Makefile       README.Astribank      tor2fw.h       ztdiag.c
fxotune.c    makefw.c       README.fxotune        torisatool.c   ztmonitor.c
fxotune.h    mkfilter.h     README.fxsusb         tormenta2.ucf  ztspeed.c
fxsdump.c    mknotch.cc     README.Linux26        tormenta2.vhd  zttest.c
fxstest.c    modules-stamp  README.udev           udev/          zttool.c
genconst.c   orig.ee        sethdlc-24.c          usbfxstest.c   hdlcgen.c
patgen.c     sethdlc.c      version.h

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406