[asterisk-dev] tones data from "Telephony tones using MIDI in SIP"

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jun 1 03:46:26 MST 2006

Hi

Someone pointed me to the following document:

http://www.cs.wm.edu/~bryan/pubs/draft-bryan-sipping-midi-00.html

As you can see in
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/idindex.cgi?command=id_detail&id=10990

I-D Title: Telephony Tones Using MIDI in SIP
I-D Status: Expired
I-D Intended Status at Publication: None
RFC Number:
I-D Tracker State: ID Exists
Abstract:
This document describes conventions for using MIDI to generate tones on
SIP UAs. This does not define any changes to SIP but describes how to
use the existing Alert-Info header to play tones that can be used to
indicate specialized PSTN tones such as the ringback tones from various
countries. The tones are described using MIDI which results in a compact
representation that is simple for a UA to generate and easy to render
into audio.

Specifically someone pointed me to the entry for Israel, which lists,
e.g:
<tone type="dial_tone" freq="400 or 425 or 440" duration="continuous" />

zaptel/zonedata.c has for "il": { ZT_TONE_DIALTONE, "414" }

Do such differences matter? Anybody knows how credible is that document
before I start messuring?

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406