[asterisk-dev] automatic "ztcfg" for analog cards

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jul 31 02:13:41 MST 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 05:27:54PM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 09:53:01AM -0500, Steven wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 10:54 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I said before that ztcfg should not be necessary for analog cards...
> > > So here is http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7613 to implement it.

[snip]

> IMHO the current behaviour of automatic run of ztcfg on modprobe is
> buggier, as it generates false "modprobe errors".

[ snip ]

My main point again:

For analog cards there are sane configuration defaults. By "sane", I
mean "work for most cases, and harmless for almost all others".

Is that assertion true for fx[os]ks signalling for analog channels?

If so: would it be a useful feature to configure those channels
automatically without the need to run an external userspace utility that
may fail?

If so: Could you point to problems in my implementation?

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com