[asterisk-dev] Re: asterisk-dev Digest, Vol 24, Issue 84

Aaron Paxson aj at thepaxson5.org
Sun Jul 30 13:02:48 MST 2006

I believe that is by design.  Technially, a Macro definition is NOT a
context, but rather, a definition space.

So, technically, it cannot accept digits, since it's not a context.  Only a
context can accept digits, hence, sending it back to the context from which
it was called.

I'm not 100% on this, but I believe this is right.

It all boils down to:  A Macro, i.e. [macro1] is NOT a context, but merely a
namespace to define a macro.  Since it's a namespace, and not a context, it
can't accept digits like a context would.

I do not believe a Macro will do what you are attempting.  You'll have to
define your menus inside a context.