[asterisk-dev] Queries regarding Hint for Group of Extensions

Chan Kwang Mien kwangmien at asgent-tech.com
Sat Jul 29 07:41:44 MST 2006

Hi,

I defined extension 100 and 101 in sip.conf to be in the same callgroup = 10.

I configured 3 buttons on a snom phone as follows:

a) one button to monitor the Group 10 which consists of extension 100 and 101.
b) one button to monitor extension 100
c) one button to monitor extension 101.

In the Dialplan,

exten => 200,hint,SIP/100
exten => 200,hint,SIP/101
exten => 200,1,Dial(SIP/100&SIP/101).

When 200 is dialed, the button for Group 10 of the snom phone did not light
up.
Instead the buttons for extension 100 and 101 were blinking.

I think "hint" is only used for monitoring individual extension, not a
group of extensions.

Does anyone know how I could monitor a group of extensions, such that when
I dial to a group of
extensions, the Group extension button of the snom phone would be lighted
up, instead of individual
extension button ?

Thank you.

Regards,