[asterisk-dev] zaptel spans on sysfs

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Jul 26 17:17:13 MST 2006

Hi

I have some unexpected free time away from the internet and thought of
using it to take a stab at the zaptel sysfs interface.

After a while I realised that zaptel simply did not allocate device file
numbers for spans. Channels get each a device file with major number
196. There are also some reserved file numbers (0, 253, 254, 255). But
there is no separate device file for each span. And thus no simple,
automatic sysfs representation for spans.

Should there be one? e.g: allocate device files range 300-399 for that?
Or use a different major number?

After doing that, the plan is to see which functionality of the existing
ioctls better fits as a sysfs attribute for a span or channel.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com