[asterisk-dev] about TCP support to SIP

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Jul 26 06:42:22 MST 2006

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 00:47, vivek relan wrote:
> I have go through the Micosoft Live Communcication Server 2005
> technical document. From that I come to know that it support
> TCP/TLS to SIP. In the current implementation of Asterisk 1.2.0, it
> supports UDP but not TCP/TLS. These are the following points which
> talk about the support for TCP to SIP. 1. Fast Retrasmit
> 2. Cogestion Control
> 3. Error Handling
> 4. Reliability
> 5. Resolution of NAT and Firewall issues
> 6. SIP over TLS
>
> Whether SIP over TCP/TLS support is available ??? If not, we need
> to do it !!!

I'm happy to see that we have another person enthusiastic about TCP
support.  Please assist those developers working on TCP support by
testing patches on the bugtracker.  Testing is a key facility that is
needed to ensure that TCP support for SIP is added sooner than later.
It's too late for inclusion in 1.4, but with your help, I'm sure we
could get it in for the upcoming release cycle.

--
Tilghman