[asterisk-dev] noob here ... development environment set up?

Aaron Paxson aj at thepaxson5.org
Mon Jul 24 18:04:42 MST 2006

While on the subject of what "most developers" do, I'd like to throw out a
"common practice" question to all of those developers who does not commit to
digium's repository.

How do you keep up to date with Digium's svn repository, while still
maintaining your own svn repository of changes.

I started my own repository of changes but am now realizing the frustrations
of making sure I have the latest release merged into my own subversion
repository.

I can't just do an svn update, as that would only update to digium's
repository.

I'm thinking:

1).  svn co http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/tags/1.2.9.1 asterisk-1.2.9.1
2).  cd asterisk-1.2.9.1
3).  svn import
http://svn.mycompany.com/svn/asterisk/branches/asterisk-1.2.9.1
4).  Somehow, merge asterisk/branches/asterisk-1.2.9.1 to my asterisk/trunk

I'd be curious to hear how everyone does this?

Thanks!
~~Aaron