[asterisk-dev] noob here ... development environment set up?

Maxim Vexler hq4ever at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 03:48:02 MST 2006

On 7/24/06, AK 4asterisk <ak4asterisk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a noob to Asterisk development and usage in general, though I have been
> tracking its usage for while. I am planning on getting my hands dirty in the
> code now. I was wondering whether there is any document out there for new
> developers on how to set up the development environment. I have scanned
> through the email list but couldn't find anything.
>
> I am hoping someone will give me some idea on how to go about it. I might
> not necessarily start contributing immediately and hence not looking for
> that information. But would be glad to receive information on which IDE to
> use, which debuggers are used and how to use them, or anything along those
> lines.
>
> Thanks,
> - A

Hi

I'm asking myself exactly the same questions.

Here's something to get you started :

- A blog talking about zaptel specific hardware : zapteldoc.blogspot.com
- LG article showing how to interface with zaptel :
http://linuxgazette.net/120/smith.html
- You have the doxygen of asterisk : http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen/
- Check : http://www.asteriskdocs.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=8
- And : http://www.asterisk.org/developers/
- For C essentials check : http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html

But generally I totally agree with you, developer environment setup /
tips is something I would very much like to read about. Even possibly
from developers reading this mail?

Thank you.

--
Cheers,