[asterisk-dev] Voicemail - Failed to lock path....

Aaron Paxson aj at thepaxson5.org
Fri Jul 21 08:16:40 MST 2006

Hey List!

I'm working on using the Distribution List Voicemail patch back from Jan2005 (v1.0.6) and trying to integrate it into 1.2.9 (and eventually, maybe HEAD?).  http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002729

I've got the majority of the bugs worked out (not including Mark's suggestions).  However, after leaving a message, I can no longer access my mailbox.

"app.c:1171 ast_lock_path: Failed to lock path '/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1001/INBOX: file exists

Again, this is against 1.2.9.

This is the first time I've worked on the app_voicemail.c, and I may not fully understand how it locks/unlocks.

Can someone give me a clue as to why this is happening, or some direction to look at?

Thanks!!
Aaron Paxson