[asterisk-dev] Queries regarding Echo Cancellation in Zaptel-1.2.6

Chan Kwang Mien kwangmien at asgent-tech.com
Thu Jul 20 01:53:13 MST 2006

Hi Paul,

Phone A <--> Asterisk PBX 1 <--> Asterisk PBX 2 <--> Phone B

I have 2 questions :

a) Could you enlighten me on how to configure Asterisk to use a
particular codec ? Do I configure it in the Dial command in my
dialplan ?

b) Currently, I have an entry in Asterisk PBX 2

	exten => 890,1,Dial(Zap/1/891)

and an entry in Asterisk PBX1

	exten => 891,1,Dial(Zap/4)

Could you tell me how to configure the dial plan to have "loop" calls ?
My understanding is that when Phone B calls Phone A, a voice
path is created. How would it be possible to create a reverse path from
Phone A to Phone B ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kwang Mien