[asterisk-dev] How is asterisk code tested ?

Rahul A. Jadhav rahul at netyantra.com
Wed Jul 19 21:19:57 MST 2006

Continuing in the same tone, are there any automated regression test
utilities available which would make sure that atleast the basic
things(registrations and one-on-one calls with auth) work perfectly fine
after a new checkout?

regards,
Rahul

Paul Cadach wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Maxim Vexler wrote:
>

>>I would like to add to this question : How is asterisk code debugged ?
>>Can I open the code in some IDE and run it / add break points ?
>>

>Debugging of multi-threaded realtime application in IDE/debugger is not possible
>as it done for usual applications, because when debugger stops application
>execution at break point, it freezes all threads created by application. Some of
>those threads have its own timers and could timed out while you play with
>debugger.
>

>>How zaptel / chan_zap.c can be debugged ?
>>

>To resolve debugging of multi-threaded realtime application better way is to log
>execution process then perform analysis of such messages.
>

>WBR,
>Paul.

Rahul A. Jadhav
Manager-User Applications Group, NetYantra India Pvt. Ltd.