[asterisk-dev] app_voicemail generates locking errors since 1.2.10

Kai Militzer km at westend.com
Wed Jul 19 00:36:50 MST 2006

Hello everyone,

I just upgraded my 1.2.9.1 to 1.2.10, checked the voicemail for a user
and suddenly got the following errors:

Jul 19 08:53:23 x.x.com asterisk[17525]: ERROR[17525]: app.c:1161 in
ast_lock_path: Unable to create lock file
'/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/02418903110/Old': No such file or
directory
Jul 19 08:53:23 x.x.com asterisk[17525]: ERROR[17525]: app.c:1196 in
ast_unlock_path: Could not unlock path
'/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/02418903110/Old': No such file or
directory

I first thought something got messed up and deleted the whole directory
for the extension (which didn't contain voicemail messages anyway), but
then got the locking error already for INBOX.

So I checked the Changelog and came across that entry:

         * app.c: fix a case where ast_lock_path() could leave a
           randomly-named lock file hanging around make ast_unlock_path
           actually report when unlocking fails

and that one

         * app.c: GRRR no fprintf!

I then looked in app.c and found out, that the "Unable to create lock
file" was not an ast_log but an fprintf in 1.2.9.1 and so simply got not
  printed in the error log.

The "Could not unlock path" was newly added. Before 1.2.10, the
situation was the same, i.e. the error happend, but simply was not
locked. As I am not really a programmer, I was not able to find a
solution to this. I guess the locking in voicemail is kind of
inaccurate, it simply tries to lock all possible subdirectorys, even if
they do not exist.

I didn't file a bug report, as I have no patch.

Regards,
Kai

--
Kai Militzer                 WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                      CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller