[asterisk-dev] Queries regarding Echo Cancellation in Zaptel-1.2.6

Chan Kwang Mien kwangmien at asgent-tech.com
Tue Jul 18 19:30:29 MST 2006

Currently, my test-bed to verify echo cancellation of zaptel-1.2.6 is :

    Analog Phone A <------> Asterisk IP PBX <---> Analog Phone B

Phone A and B are directly connected to the Digium FXO/FXS card. Phone A
is a basic Speaker(Handsfree) Phone with no acoustic echo cancellation.
Phone A and B are also located far apart.

Calls to Phone A is answered by using its speaker. When I spoke into
Phone B, echo cannot be heard at Phone B. I think the reason is because
there wasn't much delay when the echo travels from Phone A to B. Hence,
the echo wasn't audible at Phone B.

My questions is :

Does anyone know how I could add delay at the Asterisk PBX such that the
echo would be delayed so that it becomes audible at Phone B.

Thank you.