[asterisk-dev] Web Application Communication

David R. lists.david at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 15:52:00 MST 2006

Stefan is on the right track with what we're doing, here.

The web application I'm creating is built with Ruby on Rails, and I'll be
using a LOT of Ajax and maybe a couple of key iframes (to maintain browser
back button support) to constantly update information on the screen.

What's going to happen, in theory, is this:

1.  An incoming call is received.
2.  My web application is sent this incoming call and its callerID
information.
3.  It takes the information and matches it up with our MySQL database and
determines for what company this call is being placed.
4.  Once that is determined, the web app will find out which operator needs
to be sent this call.  When an operator has just finished a call, he/she is
given a 30 second down period where she can enter notes about the call and
make necessary updates.  The operator chosen will be the one who is not in
this 30 second period, and has been that way the longest of the available
operators.
5.  The operator's browser is sent the call, and her screen automatically
updates with the customer's information.

That's the basics of it.

- David