[asterisk-dev] Web Application Communication

David R. lists.david at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 15:09:44 MST 2006

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie to Asterisk and I'm just wondering if it will suit my
purposes.  I am developing a web application that will act as call center
software for an answering service, and we want to use VoIP to handle
everything in the background.  The application will need to be able to see
incoming calls, recognize the number and identify who is calling, and based
on this, pull up company information on a single operator's computer for
him/her to use as he/she takes the call.

Also, the operators will need to be able to view phone numbers in the web
application, click a link, and have their phone dial that number.

Will I be able to use Asterisk to send this kind of data to and from my
webserver?

Thanks,
David