[asterisk-dev] Implementing Paging on the Linksys SPA9XX phones

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Jul 18 08:42:11 MST 2006

A while back I posted to this list regarding implementing multi-cast
paging in Asterisk.

I have now been able to get some additional information on how this is
implemented and so I'll pass it on to the list in case anyone wants to
take up the challenge.

Personally I'm hoping to do some additional work on this in the near
future when time permits.

I'd also like to add this to the bug:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7172

but its closed. Can someone do that for me or open it?

------
This is the format of a multi-cast UDP packet that triggers the phones
to listen for a page:

The server sends a command to all phones in the page group via
multicast.  The format of the command is:
  - First four bytes:     command to start listening to a group page
message
  - Second four bytes:    multicast IP address to listen on
  - Ninth byte:           group number; 0 for all phones (only zero is
support in current firmware)
  - Tenth byte:           reserved, must be 0
  - 11th and 12th bytes:  multicast port number

When the caller hangs up, the server sends another multicast message
alerting the listeners that the call has ended.

-------

Regards,

John Lange