[asterisk-dev] Queries regarding Echo Cancellation in Zaptel-1.2.6

Chan Kwang Mien kwangmien at asgent-tech.com
Tue Jul 18 00:01:28 MST 2006

IP Phone A <------> Asterisk IP PBX <---> Analog Phone B

In my tests, echos were generated by IP Phone A when I turned on the
speaker. As was pointed out, zaptel could not cancel these echos because
the echo was not received at the zaptel interface, rather on the SIP
interface.

I have a question :

Does it mean that the SIP interface has to cancel the echo from IP Phone
A ?

This should be a real problem since it is possible that echo could be
generated by IP Phones when they are in the handsfree mode (Speaker
mode) or echo could be generated from an old IP Phone.