[asterisk-dev] H.263 Buffer size

Sergio García Murillo Sergio.Garcia at ydilo.com
Mon Jul 17 23:29:29 MST 2006

John Martin wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>   I was just watching the SVN commits going by and I was wondering
> why the H.263 buffer size in format_h263.c had to be increased to
> 32kB?

I really don't see the point if it either (perhaps someone can enlighten us).
I don't know if there is any special case in which it's needed, but if you
work with rtp you shouldn't exceed the MTU to avoid problems.

Avoiding memory corruption could be the only explanation I see to it, but I don't
think it's a very good idea in the long term.

Greetings
	Sergio
This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. No confidentiality
or privilege is waived or lost by any wrong transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Opinions, conclusions and
other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of
Ydilo Advanced Voice Solutions, S.A. shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.