[asterisk-dev] Queries regarding Echo Cancellation in Zaptel-1.2.6

Chan Kwang Mien kwangmien at asgent-tech.com
Mon Jul 17 02:04:43 MST 2006

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

The purpose of my tests is to verify that Echo Cancellation is up and
running in the zaptel-1.2.6 that I have installed.

In my test-bed,

IP Phone A <------> Asterisk IP PBX <---> Analog Phone B

IP Phone A is a speaker phone which I think doesn't have its own
acoustic echo canceller.

IP Phone A is one hop away from the Asterisk IP PBX and the Analog Phone
B is directly connected to the FXS port of a TE400P Digium Card in the
IP PBX.

To simulate echo, the call at IP Phone A is being answered by its
speaker. I was expecting that the echo sent back by IP Phone A to Analog
Phone B would be cancelled by the echo canceller at the IP PBX. But it
seems that I could still hear echo although I have enabled echo
cancellation in zaptel.

Do you know why I could still hear echo at Phone B ?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Kwang Mien