[asterisk-dev] Bug in ast_rtp_read ???

John Martin John.Martin at AuPix.com
Thu Jul 13 10:05:24 MST 2006

Constantine,

  I guess you're right, but all that code has changed in trunk and that
issue no longer exists. I know it gets said a lot, but you should really
be looking at trunk to see if problems have been fixed already before
posting bugs.

Regards, John

From: asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-dev-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Constantine
Filin
Sent: 13 July 2006 17:34
To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-dev] Bug in ast_rtp_read ???

Greetings -

I checked out asterisk 1.2.9 and am now looking at line #443 in rtp.c.
Here it is:

    442         unsigned int *rtpheader;
    443         static struct ast_frame *f, null_frame = {
AST_FRAME_NULL, };
    444         struct rtpPayloadType rtpPT;
    445

Does anybody understand why "struct ast_frame* f" is made static ?
I understand why "null_frame" is static but why "f"should be?

Is it not making ast_rtp_read a little less reentrant?

Thanks

-c