[asterisk-dev] SOCKET

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Jul 12 03:46:51 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 13:52 +0530, Sameer Tamsekar wrote:
> Here are some references of Sockets i found in the code.

> For ast_socket :

This socket is used by remote Asterisk consoles to send commands and
receive output.

> For sipsock:

This is simply the socket used in chan_sip for sending and receiving SIP
signalling messages.  Of course, chan_sip currently only supports UDP.

I would also encourage you to look at the following report on our issue
tracker:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4903

This is the result of a Google Summer of code project last Summer.
While it may not be at the level it needs to be to go into the trunk,
you may find it educational.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Developer