[asterisk-dev] chan_zap questions

Wed Jul 12 00:43:02 MST 2006

Armin Schindler wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> ----- Armin Schindler <armin at melware.de> wrote:
>>> I think a defined indication via ast_indicate() (which is forwarded by
>>> Asterisk even in app_dial()) would be more appropriate.
>> We've already added the ability to queue control frames (which are delivered by ast_indicate()) that carry a payload, which was done specifically for this purpose.
>
> Yes, I noticed the additional Parameter to the indicate function.
> That's why I mentioned this. It's a better way than doing it via the bridge.
>
> Klaus, what is the reason for using the bridge instead of indicate?

Probably it is lack of Asterisk know-how. ast_indicate_data looks
promising - but I still do not know how to get the reference to the
other call leg.

Caller          Asterisk            Callee
       leg 1                 leg2
                     <-------FACILITY---

Currently, if there is an incoming FACILITY message, the facility event
is sent to chan_zap, which gets the AOC-D units from the event
structure. But to forward it on call leg 1 I need to get a reference to
the ast_cannel of leg 1. How do I get this?

thanks
Klaus