[asterisk-dev] RE: asterisk-dev Digest, Vol 24, Issue 23

Constantine Filin cfilin at intermedia.net
Wed Jul 12 00:31:17 MST 2006

Kevin -

> ----- Constantine Filin <cfilin at intermedia.net> wrote:
> > 1) Right now RTP bridging happens in channel.c in function
> > "ast_generic_bridge". This function
> This is only true if the call requires monitoring for DTMF-controlled
> features. If it does not, the bridging happens in rtp.c itself, without
> packing the data into/out of ast_frame objects.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I think that ast_generic_bridge is much
more common than you are describing. For example "ast_generic_bridge"
is used when channels of different technilogy are bridged or when the
native bridge through rtp.c is not possible (for example because of a NATed
SIP telephone), or when there is transcoding involved.

> > of winners, then this can
> > shave off quite a bit of CPU cycles and increase the performance. Of
> > course the rest of "ast_generic_bridge" has to be modified to work
> >with several winners.
> Do you really think calling ast_waitfor_n a second time is going to make
> much of a difference?

I have a problem at hand and I am willing to try all possible ways to fix it.

Constantine Filin
CTO
Intermedia.NET