[asterisk-dev] app_queue

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jul 6 06:02:13 MST 2006

> devices even if they are in use. Will this solve the callwaiting
> issue
> for us using the ringall strategy? I'm not sure because the
> agent_request in chan_agent.c will not create a channel for the busy
> agent in the trunk source code either. Any thoughts and information
> about this is appreciated since we realy need this type of
> functionality, but if this will be solved in 1.4 we do not have to
> spend
> time to do our own patch...

Absolutely not. chan_agent is clearly designed to allow only a single call to the agent at a time. If you want to send multiple queue calls to a queue member, use dynamic queue members and handle the logic yourself in the dialplan instead of using chan_agent. There are examples of how to replace chan_agent (in callback mode) with dialplan logic on the wiki.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer