[asterisk-dev] The app_lock mutex in chan_agent.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jul 6 05:40:52 MST 2006

----- Jack Storm <jstorm at nordicgale.com> wrote:
> Remove all of the always connected part of chan_agent, and let
> chan_agent be a "login proxy channel" (thats what Agents are) then
> create a new channel driver called chan_tunnel (tech:Tunnel/) to
> handle
> the old chan_agent always connected. Then change the way agents.conf
> is defined, and make it more like the other channel drivers, so that
> each agent is allowed to be a [peer|user|friend], so when we get
> realtime config in we can link tables across vm,agents,(endpoints).

We have already been discussing the idea of just turning chan_agent into only 'always connected' mode, and removing all support for callback mode. It seems on the surface that everything that chan_agent does in 'callback' mode can be accomplished using dialplan logic and dynamic queue members (which did not exist when chan_agent was created).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer