[asterisk-dev] No AMI event sent on dialplan variable changes via AGI and setting CLID on dial

Tony Howat arhowat at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 6 04:34:24 MST 2006

Hi Asteriskers,

I've been developing a large AGI/AMI based application, and found that
Dialplan variable changes aren't passed to AMI events, unless you monitor
NewExten - which isn't called at all if you're doing the changes via an AGI
app.

I propose a new VarSet event to indicate these changes - this allows my
monitoring app (AMI events) to pick up data from my AGI based application
through setting dialplan variables.

I've submitted this to bug.digium.com along with a diff against 1.2.9.1.
It's simple but needs reviewing to make sure I'm using the most effective
method.

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7291

I should have disclaimer on file, it was faxed last week.

I have two changes to the Dial application to propose :

1) Play sample option - like music on hold but will play an audio sample
looped until the caller is connected. MOH is unsuitable in my application as
I need to play the sample from the start for each caller (ie. it's an
instructional message like "we're putting you through now, please wait..."

2) CLID option to force the CLID of the outbound call to a specific number.
I have a system whereby outdials go via IAX2 to another node. I do a Dial
IAX2/thingy etc. Thing is what I need to do is alter the CLID passed out on
the dialled call. I can do this in the out box in the context that the IAX2
outdial goes to, but I'd rather do it from the other side so I can get the
outbound CLID from the XML backend my app talks to. I'd like to avoid
changing the CLID on the originating so CDR records remain "real" - the
outbound CLID is purely fake to get past switches which are restricted to
accept calls from certain CLIDs for security.

Do these options sound reasonable? If there's a method of achieving the
results I'm after without modifying asterisk I'd be interested to hear them.

--
Tony