[asterisk-dev] app_queue

Wed Jul 5 05:58:28 MST 2006

I have now looked in the code in 1.2.7 in more detail where this is
happening and as far as I understand the decision which agents that can
be called is made in chan_agent.c in the agent_request callback and as
long as the agent structure have the owner member set (already have
call) this agent will not receive any calls even though he has
callwaiting active on the phone.

In the trunk it's the same logic here but there is a new queue parameter
ringinuse that according to the documentation in doxygen will call SIP
devices even if they are in use. Will this solve the callwaiting issue
for us using the ringall strategy? I'm not sure because the
agent_request in chan_agent.c will not create a channel for the busy
agent in the trunk source code either. Any thoughts and information
about this is appreciated since we realy need this type of
functionality, but if this will be solved in 1.4 we do not have to spend
time to do our own patch...

/urban

I'm running 1.2.7 and I can see in the logs that asterisk is not
including agents that are busy on the phone in the dial list when
placing calls to agents. On the other hand if someone has called the
same extension directly (not through the queue) and then someone else is
calling the queue, the agent receives the queued call on the 2nd line
(callwaiting). For me it looks like asterisk is building a list of
agents that is available (not including agents that are known to be
busy) for the head call in the queue. Have I done something totally
wrong here? The strategy is ringall.

/urban