[asterisk-dev] Character set for AMI/HTTP: UTF8 ?

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Tue Jul 4 06:27:27 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 09:22 +0200, Olle E Johansson wrote:
> Since both SIP and IAX2 now is Unicode, I would like to standardize
> the AMI/HTTP interface to UTF8 from start, before we release.

I think this is a good idea, so I'.  I know there are others out there
thinking "Eeew... UTF-8.  That's scary!" but I agree with Olle -- let's
do this right from the beginning.  (It's too bad I can't turn back time
and start out using UTF-8 on several other projects I've worked on in
the past -- it would have saved me considerable headaches.)

-Jared