[asterisk-dev] capture and convert voice stream to a certain format

Jamel A jameltheone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 02:43:55 MST 2006

Hello,

I have a program that analyse (in live mode) voice captured by the
microphone (8KHz, 16 bit, mono, signed, big endian).
I would like to analyse voice through Asterisk.
To test, I've modified the Echo function (located in the apps directory) to
grab voice frame, but I thing that firstly I must convert the data right?

How can I do that?

Maybe, is there another solution? I know that we can record but I suppose
that we cannot read the file, wile being written...