[asterisk-dev] Solaris Zaptel Update

Joseph Benden joe at thrallingpenguin.com
Mon Jul 3 22:06:13 MST 2006

Hello everyone,

As I promised, I'm providing an update on the Solaris Zaptel port.  As
you may or may not know, I've started a web site containing the Solaris
packages and changelog at http://www.solarisvoip.com/  Currently there
are packages for Asterisk, zaptel, ztdummy, and libnewt (needs CSW slang
package) for SPARC and AMD. (Currently, the SPARC packages are more up-
to-date than AMD.)  These packages are in use in a couple of production
locations and seem to work OK.

I started the wcte11xp driver and seem to have it working, but do not
have another t1 (or a simulator) so I stopped development on it.  I am
hoping to acquire another t1 card, so that I can connect a Linux box
directly to the Solaris box to continue the development.

I picked up a TDM400P card today with one FXO and one FXS, since I've
got a phone line and a phone! :)  I've got the driver working fine,
using little CPU cycles, and the timer even works for MeetMe
conferences. Yeah! But the machine locks up on the driver unloading, so
it's not fully ready for release.  Once I figure out this issue, I'll
build the initial beta driver and post it to the site.

I've had a few people ask how come there aren't any i386 packages yet.
I am not planning to release those until I have everything working
completely on SPARC and AMD.

Comments, suggestions, ideas are welcomed,
-Joe
Thralling Penguin LLC