[asterisk-dev] Discussion about Bugreport 0007382: [patch] calc_metric and max_penalty

Michael Konietzny asterisk at mms-dresden.de
Sun Jul 2 01:43:11 MST 2006

Hey dev List,

i've been briefed by vechers to ask the list, about this bug report:

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7382

The main problem in it is the new dialplan variable
${QUEUE_MAX_PENALTY}. If this variable remains unset
the penalty levels over "0" are not read (by calc_metric). I think that
many people will run in problems with  this
while older dialplans for existing queues with penalty members over 0
will not work without setting this variable.

I thought this is only a bug, but bweschke mentioned that it is a design
issue. What do you think about it ?

Greetings,
   Michael Konietzny