[asterisk-dev] Passing AOC information across channels

Christian Richter christian.richter at beronet.com
Tue Jan 31 04:06:21 MST 2006

Hi Frank and List,

Frank Sautter wrote:

> nice to hear that people want AOC, since i receive nearly no response a
> year ago when i implemented AOC (very limited yet - only AOC-E and only
> units, no currency - http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3843 ) in libpri.
>
> i struggled when it came to pass the AOC-E data i receive from one
> call-leg to the other call-leg, as asterisk does a hangup on both legs
> immediately after it receives a hangup request on one of it's bridged
> legs. originally ISDN allows to pass information frames during call
> termination.

thats a big problem i think, it won't be easy to modify asterisk call
termination behaviour, since all channel drivers follow the current
hangup rules.  The same problem occurs if you like to support additional
Isdn Facilities like CCBS. Or what happens if you receive a Disconnect
with inband info, like: "the user is not responding at the moment, blah
..". You can as channel driver, not pass the Disconnect as hagup to
asterisk, but what happens with the CDR ??

So there are multiple issues with the actual hangup solution. Probably,
we should have another instance which takes care about such things. Some
sort of outof band signalling ressource.

Each channel driver could register at this ressource, if it has the
possibility to receive and send out of band info for specific channels.
The Other leg could  do the same. If the call is hungup, it could still
live in this "OutOfBand-ressource" till it is totally completeted from
both legs of the call.

What do you think about that? We could easily send AOC Info or
post-call-facilities through this ressource. To pass this info through
an iax-channel, the protocoll needed to be modified of course ..

just some suggestions..

crich