[asterisk-dev] hints on an application?

mitch at thosesharps.net mitch at thosesharps.net
Mon Jan 30 10:20:43 MST 2006

Good morning,

I've recently got app_supervaletparking working with svn-trunk and am wondering
if there is any way to get hints to work on an application like this... exten
=> 4101,hint,SuperValet/101-mylot.  The goal is to present the state of the
parking space to the receptionist on a Polycom Ip-601 with side car, the same
way she can see the state of a SIP or Zap device.

As far as I can tell, the only way to get hints to work is by using channel,
updating the channel->status and then calling ast_device_state_changed.  If
this is the case, I would have to write a parking channel

Just looking for some quick yes or no's so I'll no which way to go.

For anyone that's interested... the updated code for app_supervaletparking (and
app_valetparking) is located at http://www.bluecrow.net/files/asterisk/parking/

Mitch Sharp