Antw: Re: [asterisk-dev] chan_h323.so

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jan 30 00:29:09 MST 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 07:48:57AM +0100, Hoai-Anh Ngo-Vi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes, I have also rebooted the machine but it didn't help.

No reboots/restarts should be required after running ldconfig.

> Hi,
>
> Did you executed ldconfig after adding /root/openh323/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf?

Does asterisk run as root? If not: make sure that the user asterisk can
read those files. Not only /root but also /root/openh323 and
/root/openh323/lib . In short:

  ls -la /root/openh323/lib

Also note that a 777 directory and/or a 666 file is a bad habit and
is almost never required in a properly-managed server. In most cases it
seems required there is a simpler and better solution (chown, 555, etc.)

In fact, a world-writable home dirs may have its own tiny side-effects.
Fr instance, ssh will refuse to trust the .ssh/authorized_keys file
under that directory for public key authentication.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com