[asterisk-dev] memory leaks

Beau Hargis beauh at bluefrogmobile.com
Thu Jan 26 18:31:33 MST 2006

I am seeing what look like memory leaks. I am using the 1.2.x branch
updated as of a couple of hours ago. I saw really, really bad memory
leaks with res_perl loaded in and being used. I eliminated the res_perl
stuff and use AGI instead, but the memory leaks still seemed to
continue. I put it into valgrind and it kept reporting:

==3441== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1017 in syscall close()
==3441== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1018 in syscall close()
==3441== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1019 in syscall close()
==3441== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1020 in syscall close()
==3441== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1021 in syscall close()
==3441== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1022 in syscall close()
==3441== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1023 in syscall close()
==3445== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1014 in syscall close()
==3445== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1015 in syscall close()
==3445== Warning: invalid file descriptor 1016 in syscall close()

over and over several times during every call after each instance of AGI
being called. The summary at the end did say quite a bit about memory
leaks being present.

Before I post anything else up, does anyone have an recommendations on
options to use with valgrind and perhaps some best practices with regard
to valgrind? I want to get as much information as possible to track down
the problem.

The hardware I am running on is a Dual-Proc Opteron, 2 Gig RAM, with 3
Sangoma A104d's. OS is Centos 4.2/x86_64. The leaks occur when calling
in over Zap channels or SIP.