[asterisk-dev] Setting the context in a SIP channel

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Jan 26 10:39:48 MST 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 05:36, Marc Haisenko wrote:
> BUMP ! Could some Asterisk developer please post his opinion on this

I think you misunderstand the purpose of the exten and context fields in
the sip_pvt structure.  ->exten is "who we are" not "where we're going".
"context" is "where we start" not "where we're executing".

If you could describe what you're trying to do and why you're trying to
do it that way, we may be able to detail a better coding path.

--
Tilghman